[urgent]RT Refinement not functioning

hi,

HIIII EVERYTONE,

Helppppp!

I was testing the path tracing using the RT refinement node perfectly with AI denoiser [NVIDIA optix (GUP, NVIDIA only)] one min before, then i closed the file and reopen it and it not function at all (having the red line on the node)

and the log say:

1. Error creating RTX context
  2. ALL KNOBS ON DEFAULT.
  3. OPTIX DEVICE CONTEXT CREATE FAILED.

CAN ANYONE Please TELL ME HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

Please! ! !

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ! !

Hey there,

A few questions -

• Do you only get it inside the described scene, or is it occurring in other projects?
  • Have you tried restarting your computer?
  • Are you on the latest NVIDIA drivers / Notch builds?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply.

I updated the latest NVIDIA drivers and now it works fine.

Thank you so much, Ryan!

just answer the questions above for future people who may care or face a similar problem.
1)the problem occurs not only in my scene but also happened in other projects and even the sample project(lemon ice tea that one I forget the name).
2)yes I restarted the computer and I even update the window.
3) I updated both NVIDIA driver and Notch builds to the latest version and now it works fine for the AI GPU denoiser.

But the log still has some red lines :
1)All knobs on defaults.
2)Open database:"C:\User\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\OptixCache\optix7ache.db
3)Cache data size “0 Bytes”
4)using cuda device “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU” (8.6), buffers: fp16, xmma/xmma-jit
convolution, rt v11060
5)layers created for the resolution 591 332, inp 8 outp3

I would like to ask is it safe to ongoing with the project. OR I also need to solve other problems.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! !!

Thanks,
Nelson

Those aren’t error messages - just log messages the NVIDIA drivers kick out. They are marked as severe by NVIDIA so we treat them as such, but I’ll ask the dev team to sanitise them up a bit.

– Ryan

2 Likes