Subsurface scattering in substance material

Hey everybody,
Looking for a way to fake subsurface scattering in Notch and I stumbled upon Notch reference page about substance material. Although it is mentioned in the manual unfortunately this option is not present in the actual material. any idea?

http://manual.notch.one/0.9.23/en/topic/nodes-materials-substance-material?q=SUBSURFACE

It looks like there was a mistake on that node - that feature was deprecated a while back and this page must have been forgotten - but rest assured the option is not going away forever. I’ve cut it from the manual to avoid any confusion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Ryan for the clarification.
Yes, please give us back subsurface scattering as soon as possible! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I think pathtraced SSS would be a valuable add-on but most of all it would be great having some kind of fake/cheap SSS/transmittance effect for realtime playing with more soft/organic materials.
I think about something like skin shader in unity or sss viewport preview in substance painter
Do you suggest opening a feature request on this subject?

1 Like

Nah don’t worry about it, without giving too much way… check out Matt Swobodas Instagram feed.

:star_struck:
Should we wait long? :smirk: :grimacing: :speak_no_evil:

There’s a big overhaul coming with this release, so while I don’t have any timeline it wont be any time soon.