XR with Notch and Disguise

Hi there,
I’m doing XR with Notch and Disguise.
I want to distinguish between front and back plates by the position of the z-axis in a single particle.
I’m using a Multi Camera node with two exporsable cameras, using the far and near clips of each camera, but it doesn’t work very well.
Is there a better way?

I was told by a disguise operator that this only works if you can specifically pipe in separate objects to each camera, so no fancy tricks will work unless a node goes into each camera’s input…This would be nice to change, but not sure if it’s a Notch limitation or a Disguise limitation

Hi alex1.

Sorry for my delayed reply.

If you are going to surround the front and back of a person with Cloner or Particles like this, does that mean you need to make two Cloners, one for the front and one for the back?

Thank you.

IMG_7774

MultiCam is indeed the current way. However, we have a patch release coming soon with some major improvements to this workflow, so keep your eyes peeled for that. :slight_smile:

@bent.stamnes

Thank you for your reply.
I am looking forward to using the update one soon!

Thank you.

Here’s the updated tutorial/method I was talking about earlier: Notch Tutorial: Using Render Layers for Virtual Productions - YouTube