Video efect only on moving parts

Hello,
Is any way to apply a video effect like “Pixel sorting Gliches” only on moving parts of movie?

Thanks,
Adam

Hey There,

I can think of a couple ways, but the best is probably to use frame difference to detect area in which the image is changing, and use that as an effect mask to the pixel glitch. this could work for any other post effect too.

I’ve attached and example.
PostFXOnMovingPartsOnly.dfx (95.9 KB)

Thanks,
Ryan

Many thanks, but it doesn’t seem to work…

Adam

Hi Adam,

How do you mean it doesn’t work?

Does the project not open?
Do you see nothing on screen?

If you don’t see anything on screen then it might be because you haven’t re-linked the movie file in the Resource Browser. Due to the size of movie files, they typically aren’t packaged with the dfx project file.

To re-link the project to your own movie file, right click on “shutterstock_v3551615.dxv” and choose “Replace Resource” then pick your movie file and click OK.

Does that help at all?

Regards,
Tom

Yes, yes! the movie is re-linked!
But the effect is not applied only on moving parts…
If I increase “intensity scale” on “Frame Difference” the effect is applied on full movie, if I decrease it, is not applied…

Thanks,
Adam.

Hi Adam,

Would it be possible to send the movie file that you are using?

Also, what version of Notch are you using?

Regards,
Tom

Well…
Something strange happens here…
I need to use this with a live video cam…
If I use “Video In Source” with a realsense camera the effect is not applied, but if I use a video from my HD it works perfect!
Strange…

Thanks,
Adam.

Hi Adam

I just tried this with a live input webcam feed (1280x720@30fps) and the effect seemed to not work for me either. But then I realised that you will need to lock your framerate to the framerate of the input camera feed.

To do this, click on the P icon next to the timecode in the Ruler then enter Min 0, Max 30.

Can you try making this change locally to see if it resolves your issue?

Regards,
Tom

Hi Thomasfields,
Yes!!! now it works !!!

Thankyou very much!!!

Adam