Sound not working saying 0hz and 0 channels

hi al
no sound working on my notch. was a few days ago.
some files get imported without the wave. some have the wave but still no sound.
the fft’s are showing 1kb which is wrong.
deleted them and tried again, no luck.

they are all coming in saying 0hz and 0 channels in the resources.
i even tried one of armand’s files from one of the forum questions (error attached)
help!! have deadline due now!!

If you’re up against a deadline can I suggest you send your DFX and mp3 file through to Notch support (support@notch.one) advising them it’s urgent?

thanks i can but it’s not the dfx. no sound playing on a blank project

i can see sound modifier reacting to the sound. but no sound output. and if i export a movie there’s no sound

using this Dropbox - sound.dfx - Simplify your life

Sound is playing as normal when I open your file, no problem at all.

Go to Devices > Audio and MIDI Devices and make sure the Audio Playback Devices is set correctly to your speakers/headphones/etc

no that is fine. the issue is the sounds are coming in with errors.
and the issue is not with the sounds…

they import with no data. the fft file is 1kb no matter what sound I use.

Does the sound file work in other apps? Any of the Adobe suites for example?

yes. sound if fine in all other apps.
the issue is the fft being loaded at 1kb. and the resources showing red for the sound file. and resources showing 0hz, 0 channels. This it should not be doing, and this has nothing to do with sound setup, but something to do with the way notch is reading these files.
this is not simple I didn’t select the correct audio device problem.
all sound was working before…

checking the logs, here’s the issue:

11:08:18 : Unable to open audio stream file: C:\Users\g1\Desktop\Fallen Leaves Instrumental Mix 20171024 1.mp3
11:08:18 : unable to open soundStream: C:\Users\g1\Desktop\Fallen Leaves Instrumental Mix 20171024 1.mp3
11:08:18 : unable to load sound file: C:\Users\g1\Desktop\Fallen Leaves Instrumental Mix 20171024 1.mp3
11:08:18 : unable to decode soundStream. No data.

Following up here - this issue appeared to come down to Permissions issues on the OS level, solved by reformatting the drive. If anyone else does run into an issue this extreme, do get in touch to see if we can identify it, but otherwise this looks very specific to the hardware/software involved.

– Ryan

thanks Ryan for all the help.
I think I’ve isolated it to the new Google Drive. As after the my reformat the problem reappeared.
I moved the files out of drive and it worked. (before format I tried this, but somehow didn’t work).

1 Like