Kinect nodes

I’m useing Builder PLE 0.9.20.
I can’t find these nodes below, but on manual written.

x Kinect Mesh Clone Modifier
x Kinect Mesh Collapse Modifier
x Kinect Mesh Extrude Modifier
x Kinect Mesh Project Image Modifier
x Kinect Mesh Smooth Modifier
x Kinect Mesh Emitter

They had replaced with other nodes?
or I failed installation?

Anyway, I want some useful kinect sample projects…

Hey Isaac,

We are getting rid of those nodes as they aren’t really useful anymore, and you can mostly do what they did better with other nodes now. I had though I had hidden those nodes from the manual, but apparently I need to be more thorough… :slight_smile:

I’ve got a simple Kinect example attached below. Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks a lot!
I’ll try it.

I tryed “KinectExample.dfx” with Kinect2.
I thought something wrong with arms bone of this Human model.
This model always raise his hands up like attached image.
Other parts are good.

Hey Isaac,

There could be a number of reasons for this relating to noisey outputs from the Kinect sensor, but try toggling Rotation Follows Direction in the Kinect Skeleton. This can be useful for some skeletons but isn’t always, I may have left it on accidentally.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello,
Ive got a question, when connecting my Kinect to Notch and loading the Kinect Example File my arms are way to high in my 3d Scene.

When i look in Kinect Studio it’s all fine but when i use notch my arms doesn’t appear at the good place

Anyone who can help me ?

Hey Michiel,

Have you got Derive Rotations Enabled? Possibly try enabling Rotate Bind Pose Joints By Facing Direction.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan, i would like to try kinect skeleton sample too, but can’t find any attached file here

1 Like

Hi ryan,
Really need the kinect example but i cant find the attached.If u got time to make some tuts about the kinect, I will be really appreciate!!! Thanks in advanced!

Hey,

Looks like the links broke when we updated the forums - here is a fixed file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b98PvRnETiCorpqDvG4Tb8LK95oJl0WJ/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Thank u so much!!It really helps me a lot.But there is other question, when u import the fbx file it show as a imported 3d scene, so it cant be a mesh emitter to the particle system right?I saw the video u guys showing in frankfurt, there is a dancer in the monitor,and the particles can emitter from the mesh, so I wonder how to do that.Really appreciated!!!

Hey,

Click the triangle below the Imported 3D node, then you’ll see everything within the fbx scene. output from the mesh to the mesh emitter, and your good to go.

Alternatively, you can still use an object node, and select the fbx scene from the object dropdown menu.

Thanks,

Ryan

It works!!!Really appreciate!!!

Hi, I would also like to take a look at the working example of the skeleton. I tried to use the standard skeleton from 3ds Max, I only activated a pair of bones. I guess that the matter is in the name of the bones, I would like to know how they are called from you. Please attach your sample, because there is very little information, the description in the manual is also very superficial. Thank you in advance

Hello!
I still cant sucseed with realtime skeleton model animation.
example file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b98PvRnETiCorpqDvG4Tb8LK95oJl0WJ/view?usp=sharing
playing only fbx animation. skeleton nodes are not active. How to track skeleton? In kinect 2 studio skeleton is working, same time notch doesnt showing it.