The new 0.9.20 release is now available. This is a maintenance release focusing on bug fixes and improvements, with the next major release due later (after Easter).
Download here: https://www.notch.one/support/downloads_area/
However, because we just love providing you new features there are a few…
- Notch.exe is now a stub app that provides you licensing info / expiry dates on startup, then launches Builder.
- Video rendering is now performed in a separate exe. this allows a) much better multicore support across all video rendering; and b) memory limitations to be lifted on video rendering. Faster rendering and larger canvases than ever are now possible.
- Layer precomps: use an instance of a layer as a (video) node in another layer.
- Post effects all have blend modes and channel switches.
- DMX offset editor for exposed parameters. It’s the “Exposed” tab next to the other “Exposed” tab - and it’s not supported in any media servers… yet.
- Kinect1 and Kinect2 skeleton support using the Kinect1 Skeleton and Kinect2 Skeleton Nodes. Enable Skeletons in Kinect1/Kinect2 video settings.
- Support for the new Realsense cameras (D435 etc).
- Support for Motive data streaming in - rigid bodies and markers.
- FBX upgraded to 2018.
- Artnet universes support for up to 32.
- Materials/objects - multiple UV set support.
- Scene nodes : material inputs on scene root node; shared across all objects in scene.
- Procedurals can now be used to define falloffs on clone and particle affectors.
- Picking : toggle on and off in toolbar, click to select 3d object under cursor.
- ERTY keys to select manipulators.
- SVG loading support
- NDI - ability to rename NDI sender.
- Faster and more memory-efficient TGA loading; TGA image sequence loading works
- Copy nodes to/from clipboard as text, using “Copy To Clipboard” option under edit menu.
- Timeline : ability to mark a time range; trim, cut and insert time from bars; stretch keyframes using ctrl while dragging time bars.
- VRAM budgets : some user control over total VRAM usage in media servers.
- Area lights from polygons and point lights from vertices - changed to support more types of input geometry.
- Combine Geometry supports tangents.
Plus a whole load of bug fixes, small improvements and optimisations.