Capture Cards - What works

This is a thread of about video capture cards that have been used with Notch Builder / Standalone.

Notch uses DirectShow / Media Foundation for capture, so any card supporting this, should work, but it’s always nice to know someone has done it before you:

There is a page dedicated to Video Capture, which is very much worth a look. http://manual.notch.one/0.9.23/en/topic/video-capture

Datapath:
[ul]VisionSDI2
VisionRGB-ES2[/ul]

Note: You must install Datapath drivers in Kernel Streaming Mode for them to work with DirectShow.

Magewell:
[ul]Magewell Pro Capture Quad HDMI
Magewell XI100DUSB SDI USB 3.0 Capture Dongle[/ul]

Has anyone tested any of the Blackmagic capture devices yet?

The Blackmagic cards drivers have a really poor attempt at DirectShow/MediaFoundation support, so they don’t work at all.
To make them work we’d have to do an integration with Blackmagic’s SDK… which we’ll look into.

1 Like

HI
some one try or could confirm operating of Magewell USB Capture SDI 4K Plus (it’s newest version) ??

K.

What about a Bluefish Capture card?

notch didn’t see it :frowning:

I have an elgato HD60 Pro. It only 1080p but its very low latency and works perfectly with Notch.

Magwell USB Capture SDI 4K Plus works fine!

Thanks a bunch for this - I assume the HD60S will do the trick as well. I’ve got a couple of them coming, will report!

Both my Magwell usb 3.0 sdi and hdmi 4k cards work. Will try the bm ultra studio express. Unfortunately the one I want to work doesnt show up, the Aja Kona Hdmi.

Does anyone know how to install datapath SDI 2 in Kernel streaming mode?
I’m onsite but Notch does not see the datapath cards, although I’m getting a signal in the “Vision Window”

Just an update as this was resolved in a support ticket.

The latest Datapath SDI2 drivers may not support Kernel Mode (and hence DirectShow). Using older drivers (found here) fixed the issue.

Also you may need to switch your project from Media Foundation mode to DirectShow mode by doing: Menu->Devices->VideoIn/Camera/Kinect --> Untick “Use Media Foundation”

I use Datapath VisionSC-SDI for video capture. it’s great work. but ,I don’t found de-interlace function . How can I use de-interlace?

There is no de-interlace function. Don’t pass interlaced video into Notch. :slight_smile:

Magewell Pro Capture SDI works a treat. However, you still need a beta driver as of 21-05-19 - Have uploaded to my google drive for you all here

Hi There, I would like to know what would you recomend as a Video Capture to work smooth with Notch, I saw your comment about it but it was back in 2016, so any suggestion for 4K Video Capture Card in 2020…

Thanks…

If it helps I am successfully using the decklink mini recorder 4k