Video export crash - Demolition FX

Hi,
i’m experiencing a crash when i want to export a video from a project. it says :
“Demolition-FX Error : Video export failed : VideoProcessor application timed out or terminated early”

After a research on the forum i have found the timed issue (Demolition-FX GPU hung error) and i have fixed that.

It’s a pretty large file but not crazy : 5860x1920 with imported mesh 3d and deformers, mapping project. config : razor blade 17" with egpu : 1080ti

Need some help :confused:

Thanks everybody

Sans titre - Notch Builder 22_06_2020 18_39_51

i’ve tried with my laptop gpu : 2080 rtx, on an other pc…actually i can’t export video from any project, even the templates…i really don’t know what’s wrong. Can’t work since 1 week on a big project with this issue

We are experiencing this issue as well, with 0.9.23.125.

Have tried on a P6000 and 2080ti. Also tried the regedit fix mentioned by @clementboghossian, no dice there either.

Here’s a video recording of how far the render makes it before crash, on average: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbnptraynb2qzm4/2020-08-14%2017-44-52.mp4?dl=0

And here is the dfx for said project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1541diz4zvs0qjw/ProjectNo2-0.1.6.dfx?dl=0

Steps to replicate:

1. Open project
  2. File -> Export Video
  3. Wait for crash, usually in first 3 frames of render or so.

Please let me know anything else required to fix this issue, cheers.

When I’ve had this issue, I render in .mov (or .avi) instead of .mp4 and it has solved my problem each time. I realize this isn’t the best case, but it’s better than no render at all!

1 Like

Hey, what’s your video export settings ? (the height x width ?)

@kaicolucci many thanks, this seems to work!
@clementboghossian video export WxH was just plain ol’1920x1080 HD.

ok because for me the issue was the width and height,it wasn’t multiple of 2, so it crashes

@clement.boghossian Yes, I’ve had the classic ‘multiple of 2’ issue across a number of apps over the years.

@notch.one An alert prior to render (“Resolution must be a multiple of two”) would be really, really helpful for users I think.

We do, it was added in 0.9.23.125: Notch - 0.9.23 Release Notes - notch.one

• [UI] Updated the export video dialog to error if the output width and height for H264 .mp4 exports is not a multiple of 2. This is a requirement of the output format.

Beautiful, thanks for clarifying, Bent. And I’ll be sure to read the release notes more closely prior to posting henceforth :slight_smile:

1 Like