Kinect Azure Support in the future?

Multiple device support is planned, yes.

To quote the manual page on Kinect Setup: "Use of multiple Kinect 4’s is possible, on the same machine with appropriate USB controller cards (to ensure bandwidth isn’t hindered to the motherboard) but currently, this is an un-tested feature in Notch."

Multiple Kinect 4’s are supported in the current version, the only requirement is that in the Kinect Source node, make sure each camera has a different index (0,1 for 2 k4a’s). You may have some problems with USB hubs, some just do not work with k4a, try different ports or get a pci-e USB hub card to expand your PC.

Can I ask what problems were you encountering?

fyi. i’ve been testing new features with 1 k2 and 2 k4a’s running simultaneously.

Hmmmm - I cant get more than one Kinect 4 to show up inside of notch…

I have multiple USB 3.0 ports available… It also doesnt appear to be USB bandwidth because I can use both at the same time just not in notch.

Very strange,

I just confirmed it works with 0.9.23.103, on my virgin test machine, with a virgin project. 2 Sensors detected, very reliably. Using the cables provided with the sensors.

Some considerations:

How did you verify both were working simultaneously outside of Notch?
What cables are you using? Are you using extenders? Just curious…
What firmware have you flashed to the devices? we are on v1.3.0 of the K4A sdk therefore the matching firmware is in the install package. This is now mentioned in the Kinect Setup section of the manual (it wasn’t explicitly specified before).

As I said before, I have successfully been testing with a K2 and two K4’s connected without any problems (but I had to confirm on the public 0.9.23.103 release just now).

Hope you solve your problem.

Thanks,

Neil

Not sure what I did but its working now! I started another post about streaming kinect depth and color from outside of Notch. Any tips on what the Color and Depth Source needs to get the Depth Camera / Kinect Mesh to work?

This is described in the manual.